A foodie’s weekend full of activities is planned to celebrate the opening of a new fresh food and farmer’s market on the waterfront at Hart’s Mill in Port Adelaide.
Renewal SA has teamed up with Fork on the Road and Illuminart to celebrate the start of Wild at Hart Fresh Food Markets, with a range of activities across the weekend of 10-11 May 2014.
- Fork on the Road – Adelaide’s fleet of food trucks gather to serve delicious meals (Saturday, midday to 9 pm)
- Hart’s Mill Reanimated by Illuminart – an architectural projection show (Friday and Saturday nights from sunset)
- A cooking demonstration by former MasterChef contestant and director of Sprout cooking school Callum Hann (Sunday at 10.30 am)
- Local produce samples (Sunday)
- Live music (Saturday and Sunday)
- Face painting and balloons (Saturday and Sunday)
- A petting zoo (Saturday and Sunday)
Renewal SA Chief Executive Fred Hansen said the fresh food and farmer’s market operator, Wild at Hart, will open their stalls for the first time on Sunday 11 May 2014 .
“The Hart’s Mill precinct is an important part of South Australia’s history and this is a great way of breathing new life into what was once a working port, whilst respecting the history and heritage of the precinct,” Mr Hansen said.
“The foodie’s weekend will be a celebration of the special place Hart’s Mill has in the community and I would encourage everyone to join the festivities.”
Wild at Hart proprietor Steph Taylor said they will provide an energetic and lively market scene, with the best in local produce.
“Wild at Hart Fresh Food Markets will encourage local business to get involved and interact with the community,” Ms Taylor said.
“The Port is brimming with potential and our fresh food market will be a great match for Hart’s Mill – it’s all about offering ‘thoughtful produce for mindful people’.”
The activities are in line with the Premier’s long-term vision to have more people living, working, investing and spending time in the Port.