Visit the Cedar Woods website for the latest on development at Fletcher’s Slip and North West.
Fletcher’s Slip will emerge as a unique waterfront mixed-use Precinct. Marina berths alongside attractive wharf‐side apartments and terraces will offer the opportunity to live right on the water’s edge with access to the Port River.
A mix of housing types in bold and contemporary design will be developed around transit-oriented development principles around the central core of the Glanville train station. Buildings will also be positioned to take advantage of views across the waterfront, whilst maintaining a significant sight-line of public open space from Semaphore and Causeway Roads through to the Port River and Hart’s Mill. This linear link will be designed as a shared space promoting safe and convenient pedestrian/cyclist circulation through the development site and will encourage interaction between public realm and residential buildings. The shared use Loop Path will form part of this linkage.
The successful proponent announced to develop this land is Cedar Woods who have committed to creating around 500 homes across the 14-hectare North West and Fletcher’s Slip precincts, which also includes adaptive reuse of the State Heritage-listed Fletcher’s Slip buildings, significant open space and a second pedestrian and vehicular connection from New Port Quays to Semaphore Road. These homes will be predominantly 2–3 storey townhouses.
The proposal also includes:
- A public promenade, park and plaza
- Refurbishment and reuse of the State Heritage buildings in Fletcher’s Slip
- Fletcher’s Slip and buried slip retained with new shared path and interpretive trail
- Improvements to the existing boat slip at the north western corner of the wharf
- About one-quarter of the site to be open space, including stormwater infrastructure, creating a clear view from Semaphore Road to the Port River
- A focus on sustainability including carbon and waste reduction, sustainable transport, products, materials and fittings
- 15 per cent affordable housing
- New road connecting Wirra Drive to Semaphore Road.
The Glanville train station is envisioned to be upgraded, with new built form on either side providing pedestrian crossings and links to station platforms. The adjacent bus interchange may also be upgraded and incorporated into a mixed-use development.
“Cedar Woods is very pleased to be purchasing the North West and Fletcher’s Slip precincts of Port Adelaide. We are confident that it will be an outstanding project in our national portfolio. This project has many great attributes including waterfront amenity, direct access to Glanville train station and a short walk to Semaphore shops with Semaphore beach not far away,” said Cedar Woods Development Director, Patrick Archer.
Work has already started on the Fletcher’s Slip development with the development expected to create more than 900 jobs.
Home designs, floorplans and pricing are available from the sales centre on the corner of Semaphore Road and Jenkins Street.
For more information, visit Cedar Woods Properties Limited’s Fletcher’s Slip website.