Renewal SA’s Works Program proudly supports training and employment initiatives for local people.
The Indigenous Aged Care Pre-employment Program is being delivered at Our Port in partnership with ATEC and will provide opportunities for participants in Health Care and Social Assistance, South Australia’s largest employment sector. This initiative is funded by the Australian Government.
Specifically targeting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged 17 or over within Port Adelaide and surrounding western suburbs. Participants may already have a background in caring, aged care, disability or youth and have a desire to support people within the community.
All Program participants are required to be computer literate and will be required to obtain a Department for Communities and Social Inclusion (DCSI) Police Screening for working in Aged Care and be fit to undertake manual handling.
This Program will:
- provide real employment opportunities with exposure to employers throughout the Program;
- deliver industry specific accredited training:
- Certificate III in Aged Care (CHC30212);
- Provide First Aid (HLTAID003);
- Manual Handling Statement of Attendance Practical;
- provide language literacy and numeracy support for eligible participants;
- provide mentoring support to participants.
This Program will run three days a week (Monday to Wednesday) for 10 weeks.
Fully funded for participants that meet selection criteria.